ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best iPod that isn't an iPod?

So, I have an aversion to Apple products but am looking to get a decent mp3 player (or whatever the term is for non-iPods that play mp3s and other file types nowadays?).

Amazon has a sea of unknown-brand players, such as these two:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0792DY9VV/?tag=cliospnet01-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071KTD3SG/?tag=cliospnet01-21

but I'm not sure I entirely believe that all the reviews on many of Amazon's product lines are actually genuine...

Has anyone got any recommendations for a player with good sound quality (lossless?), good (ideally solid-state) built-in or expandable-by-memory-card-slots file storage size, decent battery life, and a price that's not crazy (like well under 100 quid if possible) ??

Muchos grassy-arse, kind peoples!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
yZBZc.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Phone + Spotify Premium = Done.

Can download the ones you want to use offline. If battery life is a worry then get yourself a power bank the same size as the MP3 player you were going to purchase if you were going to carry around two devices anyway.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Use your phone like everyone else?
Nope - I totally get where @White16valver is coming from. Although I do have an iPod in the car, there are a shitload of benefits to having one.

• They are peanuts to buy on eBay thanks to Apple pulling the plug on them.
  • Can hold a ton of music that's independent of using up your own phone's memory.
  • Always charged and hidden away in the glove-box - out of sight, out of mind.
  • Don't have to worry about silly streaming issues - mobile signal, data usage, etc.
  • Still loads of docking stations out there (again, cheap) if you want it out of the car and playing in the home.

I personally think they are great items. Though admittedly Apple's Lossless Quality is NOT totally lossless. Standard CDs have a playback quality that is superior, especially on 'busy' tracks with multiple layers and instruments going on. The algorithms for lossless clearly can't process it all and retain the fidelity.

Last edited: