ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compact Road Angel

182 RB FF
Was thinking about getting the tomtom 910 but then realised i don't really go far enough to warrent that sort of money, but realy want speed camera detection. Ive been looking at the compact road angel looking at reviews and it seems to be really good. I can get it on E-bay for £160 with the laser detection also but was just wondering whether i can hide this in the car?? Seems alot of people are breaking into cars when they see the suction rings on the windscreen...

Anyone got this model? revies would be great,

Thanks

Brad

R35 GTR
I leave mine in the cup holder bit with a custom mount I have made.

Review:Nice little unit after I upgraded the firmware, before that it was squawking like a dying parrot. Only downside is I havent found a way of getting free subscription yet.

182 RB FF
If I buy it now would the firmware not be the latest update anyways?? What was subscription price for the year? it comes with 6 months free...

R35 GTR
Brad182 said:
If I buy it now would the firmware not be the latest update anyways?? What was subscription price for the year? it comes with 6 months free...

Easy to update firmware, 5 min job. Subscription is around £50 for 1 year it gets cheaper the more you buy.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Brad182 said:
Was thinking about getting the tomtom 910 but then realised i don't really go far enough to warrent that sort of money, but realy want speed camera detection. Ive been looking at the compact road angel looking at reviews and it seems to be really good. I can get it on E-bay for £160 with the laser detection also but was just wondering whether i can hide this in the car?? Seems alot of people are breaking into cars when they see the suction rings on the windscreen...

Anyone got this model? revies would be great,

Thanks

Brad

why not spend a little extra and get the new Road Angel 6000 Sat Nav

its got the full Road Angel camera database, full UK sat nav, and you can turn it to Road Angel only mode, you dont need to have the sat nav on at all, its £249.99

182 RB FF
Is it better than the tomtom software?? Also does it come with the laser detector or is that an added cost on top??

and are the america maps avalible to download Cough Cough Unofficially?? Cough

Last edited:
  182 RB FF
Just been looking around and it doesn't seem the navigator 6000 has the laser detection system, which sort of defeats the point...anyone know if this is a possible add-on??

Clio 172 Cup
Brad182 said:
Just been looking around and it doesn't seem the navigator 6000 has the laser detection system, which sort of defeats the point...anyone know if this is a possible add-on??
All the more recent top-end GPS detection units have dropped laser detection now as it looks likely to made illegal as the new Road Safety (I think) bill goes through.

I'd imagine that it supports a plug-in detector though, talk to http://www.networxautomotive.com as they really know their stuff.