ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Company Cars

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Curious to see what company cars people knock about in.

In the past 3 years I've had the following (Not all actual photos):

Focus LX TDCI
(In blue and grey)
Great fun to drive but poorly equipped
70810535.jpg

C4 VTR+ HDi
Fully loaded with all the toys, but unreliable, turbo went on 70k at just over 2 year old
photo.jpg

Volvo C30 R Design
Looked ace imo, rock hard suspension and tiny though
2012-volvo-c30-r-design.jpg

BMW 118d
Again, bit small and harsh suspension
bmw-1-serie.jpg

Citroen Picasso Exclusive HDi

This was meant to be a short term option but ended up having it 6 months, hated it but immensely practical at times!
1330928_1.jpg

And currently have:

Passat TDi

By far the best, may be boring to drive, but its very comfy and great on long journeys, huge boot too.
56712766_1.jpg

Next, dunno, prob another Passat tbh or maybe Mondeo, won't be for another 6-12 months tho.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Where I work your allowed any car you want, as long as its a non sporty vauxhall.

Corsa's are too small, Insignia's have terrible build quality and appalling economy, Astra's are ridiculously expensive list price making them as expensive to own as an insignia.

I'll stick to my fully paid for Ranger, just don't get private use unfortunately :(

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I had this and kept in this condition most of the time. TBF it got dirty sitting still!

IMG_3236Medium.jpg

Also had/have Corsa 1.3D as pool cars which are ok for some lift off fun thanks to skinny tyres but horrible in all other respects and we had 207 HDIs for a while which I quite liked.

Turbos.
I've had three Smarts.

P1070753.jpg

Then had this.

P1080243.jpg

Currently rolling in a Golf 105ps TDI as a daily. It is boring (hence no pics), but i have to say it is a fine all rounder and its nice to be a car with a decent ride for a change. With a few more options and a bit more power it would be a very good car.

Got one of these arriving shortly though. We get 10% off VWs so it was a no brainer, but we are not restricted on any kind of car. If you can afford the tax, you can have whatever you like.

2010_0505GOLF-R0014.jpg

Attachments

• 2010_0505GOLF-R0014.jpg
    2010_0505GOLF-R0014.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 59

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Have grade schemes were I work so just get a choice of cars out a certain grade, from 1-10 in my company. Can opt out and have anything, but then I loose the fuel card which saves me a fortune in this climate, all business and private mileage paid for.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Had this for a couple of months, but it was a tad slow - 320i M Sport:
DSC02078.jpg

So got this instead (for 8 months), but the performance/handling didnt warrant the poor mpg, so opted out & bought the Trophy:
DSC02361.jpg

I could have whatever i want though tbh, can't be bothered with the taxes though ...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've got an Alfa Giulietta with tiny wheels, cheap on the tax front though!

4b0f30d2.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Those wheels ruin that Alfa. They're huge on the road, a lot bigger than I imagined them to be. ( the car that is, not the wheels)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I started at renault, I was on a stupid deal with the boss because I had so many points on my licence... I was restricted to a max of 1.6cc...

So I ordered a Clio dci 100.
Then a megane dci 100
Then a megane dci 86
Megane 1.6 coupe cabrio. The worst car ever to grace planet earth. Hated it. It was so bad that nobody would swap with me and I couldn't sell it for love nor money so ended up with that fcuking thing for about 5 months. God damn that car was a heap of s**t.

Clean licence time..

So I ordered a Megane 1.9 dci 130 fap. My boss liked it more than his Dci 175 renaultsport meg!
Then I ordered a 2.0T Scenic dynamiqe.

Then In my last year of working there, I had a brand new 197 every three months. That was quite nice. My favourite was a massive spec black R27. Although that one got barrell rolled at the ring by a customer of mine. :(

R14 CUP
I have had a fiat Doblo, SEAT Leon, Kia pro'ceed & I am currently in a SEAT Ibiza ecomotive.

Due to be going into a Volvo C30 1.6 diesel in the next month. Can't wait tbh!

I get to use mine for personal mines, which is a godsend inc fuel card.

Audi A3
I had a new astra for a short while

was a decent car/spec to be honest 2.0 cdti

lovely smooth drive, did about 40-45 mpg and that was with some spirited driving,

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I have had a fiat Doblo, SEAT Leon, Kia pro'ceed & I am currently in a SEAT Ibiza ecomotive.

Due to be going into a Volvo C30 1.6 diesel in the next month. Can't wait tbh!

I get to use mine for personal mines, which is a godsend inc fuel card.

Hope you don't want to transport anything other then yourself and a passenger, you won't get luggage in the boot, or shopping lol the tiny boot of the C30 made it unuseable to me. I need to carry PPE all the time which would fill the boot, whenever went shopping it'd have to go on the back seats. Considering its based on a Ford Focus, which is huge for a hatchback, I dunno how Volvo made it so small lol and the 1.6 engine was useless, its still a heavy car. They are smart though inside and out.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the volvo c30 thee most impracticle car in its sector, main problem is the parcel shelf-- if you get one, eiher has a tent type affair or has a rigind one with a flap, which when open is barley bigh enough to fit a laptop bag through, its like a letter box. the engine is still essentially the same engine that is in the focus and they C4, pretty decent on fuel, and the performance isnt bad really, its not going to set your worls on fire but it doesnt struggle, unlike the police focuses, they are estates and only 90bhp. where as the volvo has a wopping 115bhp now.