ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Company Intranet ideas

Mountune Tractor
Any folk on here look after there company intranet.
Our site is boring so I want some ideas to freshen it up as I'm training on frontpage at the mo with a view to taking over the management of it.

this is my current one
2861722913_0f9de32607_b.png

BMW F31
quick question we have SBS 2003 and use the built in intranet. is it easy enough to use a template and change what we currently use. i assume the intranet site is just hosted off the server etc.

sort of depends on what you company does, how big it is, how many employees etc...

We currently have a really poor graphically designed intranet, however we only have 20 employees so nothing fancy is needed. Ours gives the people links to the places they need to visit. It doesnt do any more than that at the moment as it isnt required.

Also as a small company ours has very little updates put on to it so having an events and items which might require regular updates is not required.

I am currently in the process of designing a new site to give the employees a little something more than what we have, also to make it look more professional to new employees.

I would suggest first off working out exactly what you want on the site, what you want the employees to do on the site, how often do you want to put updates on the site and then look at the design

Mountune Tractor
sort of depends on what you company does, how big it is, how many employees etc...

We currently have a really poor graphically designed intranet, however we only have 20 employees so nothing fancy is needed. Ours gives the people links to the places they need to visit. It doesnt do any more than that at the moment as it isnt required.

Also as a small company ours has very little updates put on to it so having an events and items which might require regular updates is not required.

I am currently in the process of designing a new site to give the employees a little something more than what we have, also to make it look more professional to new employees.

I would suggest first off working out exactly what you want on the site, what you want the employees to do on the site, how often do you want to put updates on the site and then look at the design

To give you a bsic idea Dave:
750+ employees on large premises
Basic intranet using sharepoint which includes links to weather cam, comunication sites, team sites, projects, forms, calenders blah blah blah, it's about as exciting as watching paint dry.

no idea lol it was done by an external company

i did just see this in the code though

<!--Everytime you use IE, god kills a kitten-->