ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compatible gearboxes with clio 172, what renault models use them?

Clio 172
Hello gents,
Last week I bought Clio 172. While changing the gearbox mount I found out that two of three gearbox mount screws threads are destroyed and someone has tried to tap bigger diameter wholes and drilled in thorough the gearbox casing and did some more damage. I am also looking for a 5th gear fork, thats impossible to order from Renault, so I am looking at donor gearbox options, where I could use the gearbox casing and maybe the 5th gear.
I am having a hard time searching for what renault models, what model year (or what mark) with what engines and what model years come with JC5 gearbox. I found that some people recommend JC5037 gearbox from Laguna, I take it its from MK2 Laguna with 2.0L petrol engine? And that some diesel clio's have JC5, I take it they are 1.5L diesel MK2 clio's?
What other renault models, what mark and engines have the JC5 gearbox? I have found that there are many types/gearbox codes of the JC5 gearboxes. This is the only information I can use to find a donor at some local junkyard. Any help would be appreciated.