ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Competition cambelts?

Clio Sport 172
Hi all, is there such a thing as a competition cambelt for race application? If not, what's your recommendations? For a 172. Cheers.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Aftermarket 'uprated' belts were all the rage when I was in the Ford scene..... they were terrible. The OEM ones outlasted them.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
my cossie is stage 4 mapped with competition belt

200.gif

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
No competition belt as such but Pure Motorsport sell a race version of the cambelt kit which eliminates the plastic tensioner/idler pulleys.

Not recommended for the road as the belt tension is manually set and needs checking regularly.

406 V6, Race Buggy
I be honest, I do use fancy belts on the buggy, mainly the ones with a second fibre (kevlar) layer, and cross cuts so they can clear out some dust/debris give the usage (and actually herringbone belts on the most vital bits), but for anything else, buy an OE one.