ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complete loss of power! (battery etc.)

Clio Si 1.6 99'
One of the biggest problems i am now facing with my Clio is its complete loss of power. The relatively brand new battery seems to be dead and even once charged with a power pack, the car doesnt turn over and looses all charge within seconds.

Iv read many a people have this kind of problem and theres so many solutions people are offering. I first looked at the alternator as the battery obviously wasn't getting charged as it should, so i removed the alternator and replaced the regulator/brushes. If this was the problem, it should have resolved the issue. But theres no change there.
When i charge the battery with a power pack, it gives power to the immobiliser again but nothing else, engine doesnt turn over nor do any of the lights come on apart from illuminated dash lights. Once i try to crank the engine, the battery looses all the charge i just gave it.

If i get a jump from a friends car, the clio starts up and everything is powered again as usual, all works fine. BUT!!! as soon as the cables are dettached, the car looses absolutely all of its power, its like fu**** Jonah Hex touchin a dead body!!

Does anyone please have any thoughts about this, bound to be someone who will click with this description.

Thanks!