ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Components or coaxials

I was looking to get a 1000w peak 10" sub and I was wondering weather Id be better with 140w coaxials to go in the front speaker pods or just a set of similar components with seperate tweeters? And would it be a balanced system?

Sounds pretty conclusive then! Would it be ok to put the tweeters in the dash speaker pods on a mk1 or would that screw up the sound staging?

the sound will appear separated if you mount the tweeters in the dash, ideally mount the tweeters within 2-3" of the mid driver, this in geneal, creates a more wholsome sound

oh, components over coax any day

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 16 March 2004

ideally mount the tweeters within 2-3" of the mid driver
The dashboard speaker ports are about that far from the door ones anyway, if it sounds dodgy I can always move it but Id prefer a nice stealthy install :)

I changed from coaxials to components in my mk1 1.4 rt and definitely components all the way. Depends on how you like your music setting to be but mine are on top of the dash and sound perfect to me if you put them in the dash where the original speakers where you need to make sure they have the right angle. My advice is to wire them up and stick some bluetack or something on them and try them in different places around the car. See what sounds best before you commit to anything