ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comps. in rear

I have got a set of Kenwood dual mag 17cm comps and was looking to install them in the rear of the car. Is this a good idea and how would i go about installing them ie. Locations of mids and tweeters.

Thanks

You can run comps in the rear. It will be better for rear fill than a normal coaxial speaker. You may have to make your own mounting hardware unless your kenwood set came with everything. I have seen people attach the tweeters to the trim of the rear pillars.

Russ

components in the rear is generally not a good idea for your soundstage especially in a hatch back,

how often do u sit in the back of your own car? almost like going to a concert and turning the back on the stage

Tom

Mondeo STTDCI

Comps in the rear are a million times better than 6x9s with CO axials being second.

I was going to explore this option as I have an old set of comps that I could use in the rear, just not sure where to stash the tweets, crossovers etc!

I was going to put the crossovers into my false floor or somewhere abouts to show them off in the boot. I still aint sure though where i will put my tweeters. Gonna have a look tonite and see where they could go.

Mondeo STTDCI

They need to be mounted a fair bit away from the mid range, but it could be difficult to find suitable spot.

However, there ARE 2 nice Vents either side of the parcel shelf area. If you could mount them inside the boot in this area, it would look pretty trick. As long as wiring is tidy. not sure how itd sound though or if the bass would simply elimnate them.

Do u know the easiest way to gain access to the rear speakers I had a quick look an aint got a clue!

The vents to the side of the parcel shelf have got like a plastic thing underneath them and i dont think it would be suitable to put the tweeters into that so something would have to be made to hold them.

As for gaining access to the rear speakers you just unclip the whole cover off. It goes right around the hole to put stuff in as well beside the speaker grill. just be careful not to break the clips.

I have a set of Focal Poly Kevlar K2 Components Front and Rear in my clio.

Sounds Brilliant if you ask me i think the sound stage is excellent.:D