ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comps or Coax

Fabia vRS

wats the best? i already have focal comps up front, want some new speakers in the back, so which is best to get comps or coaxial?

I know comps are generally the best as u can place the tweeters where ever u like, but i already have the comps up front n they sound mint! so am not sure if theres a need for more comps or not.

Cheers

Jim.

Fabia vRS

I currently have 6" comps up front and 6x9s on the rear shelf, but im disposing of the 6x9s n getting a 10" sub, so i wanted some rear fill. Me thinks Coaxial is the way to go.

nope, youve got the right idea, ditching the 6x9s for a sub+amp combo is the right choice

perfect set up for sound quality

head unit
front components
single sub
amp for sub
amp for comps

that is ALL that is needed for a good set-up

any more than that and you over complicate things, therefore requiring far more time setting up properly

stick with the sub in the rear only! imho

Fabia vRS

Yup, the sub will be fuelled by a nice 1000w monoblock amp.

The comps/6x9s are already amped up, so just take the 6x9s out of that equation n stick comps in there instead :devilish:

nope, leave the other channels free

amped front comps and amped sub is the only way

rear fill is not needed

Definitely DONT put anything in the rear! I just spent good money on some coaxials, and ended up turning the fader all the way to front, as the rears absolutely ruined the sound.

Nike Lunar Elite's

I agree with leaving the rears out, Ive got the same setup as what Bryan advises and cant fault it.