ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compulsion to modify

rps13
For some reason i find myself unable to leave my car alone,

if it's not bucket seats it's an exhaust manifold, or a splitter, or something else

does anyone else have an overwhelming urge to modify your car??

and will it ever end?

will i get to a point where i'm happy?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yep i feel the same, first car i did up, 2nd car spent thousands on and a few bits planned for the Vee even though i've not had it a week!

M2 / Golf GTI
yes, was meant to be keeping this one std :( Lowered, carbon splitter, sports cat, cat back. Now im talking about cams etc. I have no chance :( haha.

320d
I'm doing alright. Havnt been able to modify my car because of my insurance (direct line). My next car, hopefully a 1*2, will definately have some tasteful mods.

Can't wait to get into modifying. Roll on next august.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think they look good standard to be honest, regardless about peoples fantasies over silver visions and Turinis... :eek:

Golf
a bought the 172 thinking it would keep is happy in standard from, so far ave bought coilovers, a catback exhaust and a panel filter lol, only stopped due to lack of funds

LY 182
yep.. the shells about the only bit left standard of my car
and even thats had paint

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm okay to begin with, but I start getting bored after looking at a standard car for a year or so. I'm broke atm so no chance of that changing anyway lol.

In exactly the same boat too! Bought my Cup thinking it will be perfect as is, but then it never stays standard, evee if it just painting some things to make it look better! Every car ive had has been queeked/play about with, and i dont think ill change! Just think, you look at any old car and think to yourself, if you just did this and that to it, that would look better and id maybe own it! Theres always going to be something on a car that will never be to your taste and you'll want to change!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In exactly the same boat too! Brought my Cup thinking it will be perfect as is, but then it never stays standard, evee if it just painting some things to make it look better! Every car ive had has been queeked/play about with, and i think ill change! Just think, you look at any old car and think to yourself, if you just did this and that to it, that would look better and id own it!

:S

In exactly the same boat too! Bought my Cup thinking it will be perfect as is, but then it never stays standard, evee if it just painting some things to make it look better! Every car ive had has been queeked/play about with, and i dont think ill change! Just think, you look at any old car and think to yourself, if you just did this and that to it, that would look better and id maybe own it! Theres always going to be something on a car that will never be to your taste and you'll want to change!

Whats wrong with that?

rps13
i've had enough

after i get coilovers, splitter, wheels, bucket seats, cams and standalone

i'm gonna calling it a day i swear

320d
Then you'll want throttle bodies....

or you'll put it back to standard sell it and buy something else and start all over.

If you enjoy it though whats the problem I say.

no problem with it at all... if the car isnt fast you realise it is a waste of money unless you keep the car long term. its something you will grow out of anyway, im sure when your much older and you own something like a jag you wont want to touch it.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm the same. So far i've fitted a maxogen, 4 pots, coilovers, CF splitter, turinis, stealth exhaust etc.

Next year when it's not a daily driver, i'm getting a pair of Recaro spg's/pole positions, roll cage, re-map, de-cat and smaller steering wheel.

tbh i doubt i'll ever sell it so it's not as if i'm losing money on the mods.