ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

computer to computer transfer

clio 172
i have an old laptop with about 40hours of downloaded music on it, and need to transfer it to my new desktop.

how do i go about this?

172cup
you can direct transfer with 2way cable i believe, otherwise i suppose an external hard drive is another way

clearly i'm no expert. I just use my 16gb sdhc card. Takes about 12 seconds to transfer 12gb onto it.

Arctic 182FF
as above removable memory of some form would do the job or if they both have ethernet (network) ports which they both should have then a CAT-5 crossover cable should do the job pretty quickly.

clio 172
whats a cat-5 cable?

would one of those cables that you get with ntl/sky (usually yellow or blue) work?
that cable has got the same connectors that fit in the ethernet port on each end?

im a r****d at stuff like this

whats a cat-5 cable?

would one of those cables that you get with ntl/sky (usually yellow or blue) work?
that cable has got the same connectors that fit in the ethernet port on each end?

it has to be a specific crossover cable, above method won't work. you'll quickly find a cheapo one on ebay.

alternatively you could plug them both into your broadband router (if you have one) and then set up file sharing, which windows help will tell you how to set up.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Just turn them round so that they are pointing towards each other.. that way they will be able to "see" each other. Once you have done that, pick up the mouse and place it next to your mouth, now say very clearly "Mr. Computer, please transfer my files."

Or use an external drive, its going to be the easiest for you.. trust me.