ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer

Clio 172
My computer on 172 not working properly?

It doesn't save info and resets itself every time I turn the engine off.

It it will not give me the tank range at all and resets mpg and trip every time?

any ideas guys?

Focus ST170
Do the needles dance when turning the ignition? This is sometimes a sign of your battery going to die.

John

Clio 172
Interesting

my needles make a flicker and grinding ticking noise on ignition on?

a cpl of ppl have said battery.

thankyou

Clio 172
Right I bought a new battery and my computer works properly now and isn't resetting itself all the time also my clocks don't make a funny noise and the needles don't flicker.

Extra brucey bonus also as my auto lights started working :)

Only issue I still have is the tank miles left/range option doesn't work it just shows a flashing line of dashes?? Not that it's a big deal but if it's easy to fix it would be nice to have full functionality??

Thanks for help and anyone got any ideas about the issue please?

Many.
The Range only works when the fuel light isnt on, so assuming you have more fuel than that, Reset dials. Push and hold the end stalk button, while turning the ign on, can release the button once ign is on, you'll see the dials light up and the needles move. Then switch ign off, and hopefully this will have fixed it. It also acts as a diagnostic feature, but helped when I had the same issue.

Clio 172
Ok thanks I did the reset thing and it beeped and gave me this screen? Is that right?

ADA1271A-BAD0-41B4-A1D2-1A083E1E3924_zpshwtyhmct.jpg

the screen I get for tank range is this and the dashes just flash. Does flashing signify a fault because the average mpg shows the same dashes before giving a reading but they don't flash?

0AB4088D-DECE-42A6-A6EE-D020919C8A9B_zpsnjs6xaqs.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just remembered I had this same issue. When you've got it like that first pic, press the end stalk button again until the display shows a few dashes with maybe one or two letters. It's a sort of diagnostic thing for the car, and there's a guide on here as to what the letters mean but it will probably be one relating to the fuel level sensor. Press the mileage reset button when this is up and it should go back to showing 4 dashes. Ignition off, and then once you start the car up again the miles to go screen should be working again. That's what worked on my car anyways

Clio 172
Injector fault
oil level sensor fault
and fuel tank sensor fault

full house for me lol

I've restarted the diagnostics and my tank range has stopped flashing so hopefully that may be fixed now too :)

Many.
I'd wonder more about a dodgy earth or something near the dash with those faults.

Access means removing the top of the dash, not a hard job though.

Where abouts are you? I'd offer my help if you're local.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
First pic is fuel level, second is fuel flow, third is the fault codes, although you probably already know that now if you've found out what the codes mean lol. I'd just go ahead and clear them, if they come back again then you worry :p

Clio 172
To be honest I care v little for the fault codes I was more irritated by the computer issues lol

lets face it. It's a 12 year old car so bound to have some issues. And I've had lots of cars with the fault lights lit for ages and they never let me down. I'll do summat about it if it breaks down. I don't rely on the car.

Cheers for ya help guys :)

im in Barnsley btw. Thanks for offer.