ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Condensation but no damp patch.

Last couple of days it's been reading and with the heater on my 172 has had condensation come back with a vengeance particularly on the rear Windows. The problem is all the carpets, headliner etc are dry. I can't work out where this is coming from.

I have thought there may be dampness often the Double skin of the rear quarters? How should I tackle this?

I'm thinking of stripping the entire rear interior to find this problem. Doors this sound like the best way to go our is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Stripped one of back panels and the inside is full of grease. I've also noticed a small gap between the body panel and the wheel arch just where it begins. It's this normal?

182cup & 172 racecar
Make sure your air recirc switch isn't left on, this can cause quite an amount of moisture.

Push the button on and off, you should hear a difference in sound when it changes over.

clio 172 exclusive
I had exactly the same issue, made worse by my air con not working. Turned out one of my rear lights had a leak and my spare wheel was under about 3" of water.....