ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

confused.com

Octavia VRS

Tried to get some quotes from insurance companies using this website, entered my reg plate and they claim it is a 1.4 16V instead of a 1.4 8V. How are you meant to get an honest quote if they dont even know the right car?!

Just watch this tho because I got a quote from the Admiral site itself and it was around £150 lower than getting a quote from Admiral using Confused.com

dont use confused.com go direct to the company they pick out for you.
my mates honda s2000 came back as honda accord type s on there too !
so make sure (if you do use it) they get the right car.

i use it to get rough quotes and then go to say the top 5 directly.

It does save typing you details in a million times.

Try using the telephone to contact the insurers if the details are incorrect...

Sh*t happens, the DVLA are not the best data providers for a start.

According to confused.com my registration is assigned to a Meggy 225!

Im due to renew on the 21st of this month - cheapest Ive found has been Admiral. Can anyone recommend a few more I can try? Ive looked through the list of insurers (somewhere in this forum) but no-ones come close to Admirals quote - which I still think is too expensive :mad:. Ive not got time to try em all...

Bloody speed camera...

Octavia VRS

Admiral and Elephant have been the cheapest for me - but they are both the same comapny!

Still to try Zurich, Tesco, Asda, AXA

the quotes they usually give me are around 15% higher than the quotes i get off each company individually :confused:

Clio 182

Id rather phone up individual companies - didnt think much of their website and then you just get random emails too.