ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

connecting ipod to cd player

F56 MINI Cooper S
How do i connect an ipod to my car cd player? is it possible on the standard clio one, or do i need to buy some sort of adapter? HELP! :dead:

1.5 dCi 80 - 3Dr
Depends on what fitting the cd player has
if you have a Aux wire, basically, it's like a headphone wire, but with a connector on each end, it'll plug into a aux port on the cd player, usually in the fascia (can't remember if the standard cd player has this?). but with this, you have to control the music from the ipod, so make sure you have a good playlist.

many cd players tho, have Ipod compatible usb ports, and allow direct control of the ipod from the cd player, much safer imo.

F56 MINI Cooper S
So the best/easiest option is to just buy a cd player which i can just simply plug the ipod straight into...

can supply you with an adapter that allows ipod control through original radio if thats what youve got which will charge ipod

matt

F56 MINI Cooper S
can supply you with an adapter that allows ipod control through original radio if thats what youve got which will charge ipod

matt
i can stick this adapter into my standard renault cd player? then just stick the ipod into this adapter then job done?...

this isnt like florida's- his allow you to plug in any mp3 player whether it be ipod or mp3 and play the tracks through your radio but you must use your ipod to change track etc and wont charge

these allow you to charge the ipod and bring up your tracks on the original radio,wont state track names,just numbers but you can change albums and tracks using the original radio and also your stalk controls.
once ipod plugged in it will charge it and you can leave it stored out the way and not have to touch it

it plugs into the changer port on the unit then you can plug it into your ipod

matt

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
this isnt like florida's- his allow you to plug in any mp3 player whether it be ipod or mp3 and play the tracks through your radio but you must use your ipod to change track etc and wont charge

these allow you to charge the ipod and bring up your tracks on the original radio,wont state track names,just numbers but you can change albums and tracks using the original radio and also your stalk controls.
once ipod plugged in it will charge it and you can leave it stored out the way and not have to touch it

matt

price?

F56 MINI Cooper S
this isnt like florida's

matt
sweet.

Will it fit my02 clio radio? is it an easy plug in? how much for one?

so long as your unit is either tuner or update list,just remove radio and plug into changer port-if you have a changer you will lose it
cost is 75 delivered for these,slightly more expensive than florida's

F56 MINI Cooper S
so long as your unit is either tuner or update list,just remove radio and plug into changer port-if you have a changer you will lose it
cost is 75 delivered for these,slightly more expensive than florida's
no idea what it is tbh

180.5 bhp 172
I use the "connects2" iPod adapter on my oem h/u. Its awesome! Charges the iPod and also still allows you to use the stalk controls. It plugs into the cd changer port on the standard stereo.
I highly reccomend it!!!

Nick

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
GB in the For Sale Section Mate.... Matt is offering a Discount on a Group Buy

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'll be bumping it shortly with some pics from the GF's Car with the Basic Connects2 all wired up.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I'll be bumping it shortly with some pics from the GF's Car with the Basic Connects2 all wired up.
does she have the standard renault cd player with the connects 2 adapter and lead? If so, let me know how easy it is to fit etc as this is what i will be doing.

Ta mate

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
See the GB Thread as I've added Pics.... Yeah Std HU as do I and I'm getting one for my car aswell :)

G51 BEN
Iv just bought a cable and fitted it for the standard HU. any idea how to get it to work???? iv pressed things and it goes from wither my CD to my radio.... HELP PLEASE!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
God know Fella, GF has never had that AFAIK and I haven't got mine yet as I'm meeting up with Matt on Friday,

You sure its all connected properly? Seems kinda like a poor connection into the HU as it plugs into where the CD Changer would go

F56 MINI Cooper S
God know Fella, GF has never had that AFAIK and I haven't got mine yet as I'm meeting up with Matt on Friday,

You sure its all connected properly? Seems kinda like a poor connection into the HU as it plugs into where the CD Changer would go
well it keeps cutting out when i brake/going over speed bumps. I am keeping it in the glovebox at the mo as i dont have a holder for it and is abit dangerous leaning down and changing songs whilst driving. Hopefully find a decent holder which will be easier

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Do you have to disconnect the power to the HU to connect the Connects2?

I've received mine today, whipped the HU out & connected it up & it doesn't work. Some of our ipod's think they're connected to something - but the HU doesn't seem to want to select the multichanger option.

Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks in advance
Mark