ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects2 ipod adapters??? any good???

193 mk2
has anyone had any experience with the Connects2 ipod adapters. ive seen them on ebay for £39.99 & am considering buying one, so any info would be very welcome.
thanks matt.

Renault Clio Extreme 4
very good, i have had one in my car for over a year and have never had a problem with it, if you can source just the ipod lead you can have the rest of my spare one(renault techy broke mine and denied it so had to shell out for a new kit as i didnt want to wait for the lead to come through) this is providing that your h/u is a sony with a cd changer output

how do these connects2 work? do they have full control via the headunit? did you get one? what are they like?

193 mk2
there is 2, one for £40 & one for £100, the £40 only has volume control were as the £100 one can select tunes & charges the ipod. i haven't got one yet but think i'm going to get the £40 one. both connect were your cd changer is, so not sure they will work if you don't have a changer.
matt

Renault Clio Extreme 4
basically there is two options as stated, on uses an audio bus lead (cd changer lead) to carry data such as the song name and all that polava and you get the phono leads to carry the sound. the other option only has phono leads, although if it is going into and oem stereo i think they sometimes have an iso adaptor or block of some type.

in all honesty, if you are not too fussed about hitting "skip" all the time then the second option and cheaper option is the one to go for, but if you want the full ipod control then you will be better off with the first option as you get the gadgets that enable you to have the facility to go go through your playlist on the headunit

hope this clears up any misconceptions

Adam