ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering 15" speedlines

2003 Clio 172
My original 172 alloys are in need of a refurb, and my original plan was to get this done and then powdercoated in anthracite. I'm not sure how much I really like the standard wheels though and whether it's worth spending money on them. Turinis are a possibility, however I also really like speedline turbines or even Williams wheels. The only issue I have is that the turbines and Williams are both 15" wheels and I'm a bit concerned about the arch gap, particularly on the front. I'm planning to lower the car slightly on eibachs, however will this be low enough for the 15s to look right or do you really need to slam it on coilovers? Opinions?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Or how I did it, buy 15 inch wheels. Tell yourself you're saving so much money on tyres now over 16s and spend that money you saved on coilovers.

2003 Clio 172
Imo the eibachs don't lower enough on 15's, you will need cooksports or h&r.
Looking online it seems the eibach sportlines lower the car the most (45-50mm from and 30mm rear, while the eibach Pro kit, h&r and cooksports are all around 30mm.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah had 16’s to begin with.

The H&r tend to have more rake. Cooksports seem to sit slightly lower at the rear and the eibachs quite level.

Gonna need et35 to pull off lowz unless you go spacers For higher offset wheels. 38 plus.