ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Considering another mature mans sports car..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I havent had my own car for quite a while now and have managed to save up a fair wedge. I'm only looking for a cheap run around though. I was really tempted by another Accord Type R but these have caught my eye. I have a test drive arranged in one at the wkend hopefully...

Subaru Legacy B4 RSK. 2.0 twin Turbo. 280bhp out of the box but around 310bhp with a remap for UK fuel.

img-resized.png
Reduced: 80% of original size [ 798 x 549 ] - Click to view full image
DSC06148.gif

Not the best looking but nice none the less. Anyone had any dealings?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
i really like these. aint they like the same engine/running gear as an impreza?

Pretty much mate. Just with two tubbys. A baby one to take you to the larger one around 5k.

They're fairly heavy and big but really appeal to the more mature man in me. Its just whether i prefer ATR's..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I really like them, look good in an understated way. I'd imagine the ATR would be more agile and cheaper to run though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Take it you've previously owned ATR's?

Currently thinking about one need something a bit more grown up soon :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Take it you've previously owned ATR's?

Currently thinking about one need something a bit more grown up soon :eek:

Yep sure have. Awesome cars tbh! I'm just a bit of a turbo freak and missed proper turbo power since my 200sx. :(

As for Impreza comments, i love how people call them scoobies. This is a scoobie too..haha! I've gone off impreza's though. Tbh these arent much bigger than the latest impreza's anyway..:)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yep sure have. Awesome cars tbh! I'm just a bit of a turbo freak and missed proper turbo power since my 200sx. :(

I'm looking at the pre-facelifts in my budget... any places to look other than the obvious (pistonheads, autotrader, ebay)

ValverInBits
bit of a dark horse that.

Is it just me or does it look EXACTLY like a big Glanza from the front?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mature man! FLOL! You're about 15!

Legacy is bloody nice though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Meant accord type-r going a bit OT ;)

Yeah ATR's are great cars mate. Tbh i'd get a pre facelift anyway. They look much nicer. Get onto www.accordr.org/

Mature man! FLOL! You're about 15!

Legacy is bloody nice though.

I'm getting on now son..almost 25! haha! Na all it is, my mates used to call my Accord a mature mans sports car compared to what i've owned..haha