ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Constant knocking noise

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
I've got a strange knocking noise from the front end but could be both ends that I can't diagnose and wondering if any one else has had anything similar.

I've recently just installed helper springs and lowered it another 15 mm approximately all round, and too be fair it probably is a little bit low and could do with being raised a bit. Nothing else was changed at the same time and didn't have any issues previous.

It's an almost continuous knocking noise when in a straight line doesn't matter if I'm accelerating coasting in neutral or breaking. It doesn't get any louder or any quicker. The noise only really stops once below about 5mph and if I corner. Any help would be appreciated. I've spanner checked everything and can't find anything loose.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
It's almost like a hollow knock l. I think you can just about make it out in the video. Hard to get a decent video of the noise.