ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

constant whistle

racing blue 182
hello every1,

ive got a 182 only had it for two months or so and don;t know whats normal:S
my car constantly whistle's does any1 know what it is or if its a problem. car still under warrenty till september should i take it in?

thanks 4 any help

How loud is it is is RPM dependant or speed dependsing what exact noise is it? air of mechnaiccal?

If your under warently and worried take it in for peace of mind.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Is it not the hole in the lower part of wing mirror cauing it ? You have a temp sensor one side & a hole on the other side that gives a nice whistle ?

Oh I also get a little bit off the driver side wiper blade at higher speeds.

You just gotta love these little querks !!!

Mercedes SLK350
I now have a temp. sensor in both mirrors after taking it in to the dealer to be fixed.

Still whistles exactly the same as before.

I'll just put up with it because the dealer broke one of the retaining clips inside the mirror cover, I don't want to take it back to give them more chance to break something else.

Rs monaco 172 mk2
wat kind of whistling...... were's it comin from..... does it sound like its comin from the front/ engin/ underneath.......

racing blue 182
it only seems to come from drivers side. it doesn't sound like its coming from engine or anything underneath.
im going to pick up a part from renault this weekend do you think its worth letting them give the car a once over?
going to john pease in braintree any1 had bad experience?

it only seems to come from drivers side. it doesn't sound like its coming from engine or anything underneath.
im going to pick up a part from renault this weekend do you think its worth letting them give the car a once over?
going to john pease in braintree any1 had bad experience?

Worth asking them if they can especialyy if its under warnetly.

Does it sound like an wind rarther than engine or mechanic noise?

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
mine does it aswell a keep lookng for holes inthe windows lol it so annoying this thread has answered a question i was thinkin for months!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
when it whistles stick your hand on the interior light plastic bit and push it(the whole thing) guarantee it is this!!

racing blue 182
it is a wind noise so was thinking it is the wing mirror. there's a hole at the bottom of the drivers side wing mirror maybe its this can you buy something to block it up or just create something myself?

Lmao...like about 50 other people have stated it is the drivers wing mirror. Do what another said and while you hear it put your hand in front of the mirror...bang and the whistle is gone!!

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Completely random, but my 1.6 whistles whenever the aircon or climate control is completely off at higher speeds, soon as you knock it on, it stops.

Obviously nothing to do with the engine, but maybe worth a look.

Pete.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
My drivers side face vent whistles, but only when either the fans are off, or if i have the recirculating air function on.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
its not the interior light its the window seal but if u push the plastic bit it stops!!! honestly trust me on this one

Mk2 V6
My V6 starts to whistle at 140+

I thought it was because it was happy, but allegedly it's a sign of the windscreen not being totally flush.

clio 182 black /gold
Is it not the hole in the lower part of wing mirror cauing it ? You have a temp sensor one side & a hole on the other side that gives a nice whistle ?

Oh I also get a little bit off the driver side wiper blade at higher speeds.

You just gotta love these little querks !!!
Yup this will be it.