ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Contactless Payment via NFC

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
anyone know much about this? just got an sony xperia Z with nfc.

is it possible?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope. Not at the moment.

Barclays do a sticker thats essentially a cloned card. But currently NFC payments are limited to specific phones or cases in UK.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an NFC sticker and a linked account.

If I lost my phone with attached sticker I'd just go online and stop any transactions (by which time all my funds would have probably been spent anyway), but the facility is there if you're quick enough.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Am I right in thinking that if you lose your phone, you're fucked? Or is there a fail safe on this?

If you lose your debit/credit card you are "fucked" usually to the tune of £20 before you can cancel it

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I don't have an NFC capable phone but as long as it's not a sticker, as mentioned above, surely NFC payment would only be enabled when the phone is unlocked? If not, it's fully retarded, as is not having a screen lock.

2014 Focus Titanium
Yes I think that would be pretty obvious Coolspot lol.

I "heard" that a UK bank (can't remember which) were looking at using NFC in phones in 2013 but I can't remember which bank or where I heard it. In fact this is a completely pointless post! Hi :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Natwest are running a trial with iphone cases.

Barclays and orange already have a partnership.

If Apple introduced NFC as standard it would be in use by now.