ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Conti Sports

LY R27

Hi all,

Ive just had my 12K service and the garage tell me that I have 4mm left on each tyre. At my current milleage how many more can I expect. :confused:

Abarth 500

Dont they start at 7mm thus meaning youve used 3mm and 1.6mm (I think ??!??) is the legal limit so 12000\3 = 4000 miles per mm * 2.4mm = 9,600 miles...

The theory is right but I dont know if the figures are!!

LY R27

So do ya think Ill get another 4K, hope so as I am not ooking forward to buying new rubber (dont mind buying the kinky stuff for the girlfriend though) ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 22 September 2003

Ive just had my 12K service and the garage tell me that I have 4mm left on each tyre.
That aint too bad actually...

My 12000 mile service said i had 3mm left, just had the fronts changed at 14000 miles. £190 for two - i was expecting something a little cheaper as mytyres or whatever say they are about £60 quid each. On closer inspection the price on mytyres is for 4 - but i only wanted 2:confused:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Wont be replacing mine with Contis when I need some, as they aint brilliant in the wet...

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 22 September 2003

Hi all,

Ive just had my 12K service and the garage tell me that I have 4mm left on each tyre. At my current milleage how many more can I expect. :confused:
Fook me you drive like a girl! Mine were dead after 10K miles

Nippy white cup

lol Ive done nearly 6000miles in 3 months and mine are wearing rapidly, mostly on the edges (gotta love them roundabouts!) Didnt think they were too bad, at least not after the understeer of the 5 turbo!

Which tyres would you recommend?

I have Goodyear Eagle F1s now, a bit less tramlining than the contis and slightly better for road use. I completely disagree with previous posters who do not think much to the Contis in the wet; I had a stonking day on a soaking wet track about almost a year ago in the Cup, and I thought the car was nothing short of astonishing, but then we all drive differently, so I dont think it is a black or white issue.

A.:)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 22 September 2003

Which tyres would you recommend?
Toyo Proxes are the cheapest option and theyre good tyres. I ran them on the 306 and theyre superb for the money.

Mid price we have Pirelli P-Zeros and Michelin Pilot Exaltos

Goodyear Eagle F1s are the top choice though, but cost most!

Cuppy I have just had set of Goodyears fitted and they seem a little more responsive than the contis but if you want have a look pm me as they look different on the cup as the contis (obviou statement but I dont think they suite the wheel as much)!!!