ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Converting Mk1 ph 3 to Mk 1 Valver/Willy

2004 1.2 Dynamique

As most people might know I have recently bought:

- Valver wings

- Willly bonnet

- Phase 2 headlights off a willy

I though I would be able to just switch everything over easy peasy as a lot of people on here told me this is all I would need. If anyone else on here is thinking about doing this I can tell you now you also need a phase 1/2 front bumper as the headlights dont fit with the phase 3 front bumper.

Going to have a browse around the scrap yards at the weekend I think see if I can pick my self one up.

Jozzle Dezzle

Why bother with the the 16v bonnet and lights? You dont need them to fit a 16v lump in, theyd make some cash selling them and theyll age your car quite a bit...

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Id like to see some pics of that because I pmd him and he said to me he just had his phase 3 bonnet bad boyed

A silver Honda

^^Oh really?

Also, the phase 2 lights may not fit straight on the phase 3 bumper because of the plastic bit under the lights.

Remove it and see if it fits then.

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Nah even with the little plastic bits underneath there is a 40mm gap bewtween the bumper and light

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 21 June 2005

Nah even with the little plastic bits underneath there is a 40mm gap bewtween the bumper and light
The bottom on the lights (on phase 1/2 or 3) are always inline with the top of the bumper or bottom of the arch where it meets the bumper - if theres 40mm somethings not been fitted right i think. Can you not try putting some washers in between the top of the light and the slam panel to space it downwards (if you see what i mean)? It may be that the phase 3 slam panel is slightly stretched upwards by design.

I also remember nathanH with the phase 1/2 angel eyes fitted with phase 3 bumper... :confused:

BTW just noticed that Mole has an aftermarket phase 3 bumper (same grille area fitting) but with phase 1/2 lights and 16v bonnet - might be worth speaking to...