ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Convex Lens Effect

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Something ive been wondering how to do for ages now, anyone have any idea how to get that "convex lens" look like this -
100_2812.jpg

1.4 16v Clio
Could also be achieved by doing a panorama fairly close (in landscape terms) to the subject.

I'd assume the image above was done like that due to the proportions of the image and the fact its only convex horizontally and not vertically.

Nimbus 197
As mentioned, a wide angle/fish eye lens can achieve this effect. That image looks like it's a panoramic stitch though.

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
I see what you mean, so it could be a few images stitched together to get that panoramic effect?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You can adjust images in photoshop to 'remove lens distortion' that can be used to add a fish-eye bulbous effect when used in reverse ;)

Or buy a fish eye lens (presuming you have a D-SLR & a spare ~£500 kicking about) :coffee:

/giraffe

thats a poorly stitched panorama - look at the white lines.

take a series of photos (portrait orientation) and then blend them together using software. one that I did

3804773421_9f703f5c80_o.jpg

Something ive been wondering how to do for ages now, anyone have any idea how to get that "convex lens" look like this -
100_2812.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
All you do is stand close to your subject with a widish lens, portrait or landscape and do a Pan, the reason you get the distortion is down to where the Nodal point of the lens is facing.

A good NON distorted pan would be done on a longer focal length from further back, so for the car park shot - perhaps a 100mm lens from 3 x the distance would of produce an image that was in correct proportion.

A good one to try is a 360 degree pan with a wide lens