ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Convince me to buy a set of EXALTOS

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ok dont laugh but on my car at the moment i have a set of WANLIS,,, with it raining alot more now i am sliding like no tomorrow, when i brake, set off etc etc

are EXALTOS really that good, ive had enough of sliding.

i bought a set of 182 wheels for my girlfriends car and they have exaltos on 2 of them are good and 2 need binning, im thinking of doing a little swap and buying 2 new exaltos for the front and banging the ok ones on the back of mine.

but are they that good ? is there better ?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i take it u dont use your car to its full potential with 'wanlis' tyres ?! lol

michelin pilot exalto/sports 2's or Pirelli P Zero's seem to be the best.

they come as standard on most sports cars i.e gallardos etc

Mondeo STTDCI
Kinsella said:
ok dont laugh but on my car at the moment i have a set of WANLIS,,, with it raining alot more now i am sliding like no tomorrow, when i brake, set off etc etc

are EXALTOS really that good, ive had enough of sliding.

i bought a set of 182 wheels for my girlfriends car and they have exaltos on 2 of them are good and 2 need binning, im thinking of doing a little swap and buying 2 new exaltos for the front and banging the ok ones on the back of mine.

but are they that good ? is there better ?

PUT THE BEST TYRES ON THE BACK AND THE OLD ONES ON THE FRONT. TRUST ME.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a 172 and the original contis were pretty good in the wet and dry , but they wore out on the front after only 7500miles . So then i tried toyo t1-s's which were good in the dry but s**t in the wet , then i tried the toyo t1-r's which were no different .

Then when i bought my 182 i was amazed how much more sure footed it felt in the wet with the exaltos . Personally i wouldn't buy any other tyre now for the 182 .

Like Dave says . Always put the new tyres on the back .

i simply just avoid driving in the wet, and even in the dry its touch and go !!

i will go out in the shed in a min and examine how much tread is on the "good tyres" then have a think, cheers for the comments, they seem to be the ones i need.

my tyres at £74 seem to be the best price

here are my shed specials

exalto1.jpg

I have 2 of these, best in the bin i think

exalto2.jpg

I have two of these, any tyre experts please advise if its gonna be better for me to get just 2 new ones and stick these on the front, or to get 4 new ones.

exalto3.jpg

one on the left is the worn, one on the right is the okish one

clio 200 F4Rt
i just ordered a set of exalto 2's. it was between thos and yokohama parada 2's.

i went with the exalto's as i know how good they are, and they where slightly cheaper.

Also my exaltos have somehow lasted 18000 miles, and that includes a trip to the 'ring plus silverstone track sessions ( x 4)!!

fmp_ said:
i just ordered a set of exalto 2's. it was between thos and yokohama parada 2's.

i went with the exalto's as i know how good they are, and they where slightly cheaper.

Also my exaltos have somehow lasted 18000 miles, and that includes a trip to the 'ring plus silverstone track sessions ( x 4)!!

if thats anything to go by i should be fine with salvaging these 2 good ones and getting two new ones haha

1998 BMW e46 323i
i'm running pirelli p zeros now, don't rate them in the wet; good but not great. as said, contis are good in wet. i liked them.

will have to get exaltos next methinks!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Ross M said:
cause the back end will slide out ...
yup + you want to get rid of the oldest tyres asap really, so you dont end up with super old tyres on the rear of the car, cracking etc...