ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convince me to buy a set of EXALTOS

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ok dont laugh but on my car at the moment i have a set of WANLIS,,, with it raining alot more now i am sliding like no tomorrow, when i brake, set off etc etc

are EXALTOS really that good, ive had enough of sliding.

i bought a set of 182 wheels for my girlfriends car and they have exaltos on 2 of them are good and 2 need binning, im thinking of doing a little swap and buying 2 new exaltos for the front and banging the ok ones on the back of mine.

but are they that good ? is there better ?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i take it u dont use your car to its full potential with 'wanlis' tyres ?! lol

michelin pilot exalto/sports 2's or Pirelli P Zero's seem to be the best.

they come as standard on most sports cars i.e gallardos etc

Mondeo STTDCI
Kinsella said:
ok dont laugh but on my car at the moment i have a set of WANLIS,,, with it raining alot more now i am sliding like no tomorrow, when i brake, set off etc etc

are EXALTOS really that good, ive had enough of sliding.

i bought a set of 182 wheels for my girlfriends car and they have exaltos on 2 of them are good and 2 need binning, im thinking of doing a little swap and buying 2 new exaltos for the front and banging the ok ones on the back of mine.

but are they that good ? is there better ?

PUT THE BEST TYRES ON THE BACK AND THE OLD ONES ON THE FRONT. TRUST ME.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a 172 and the original contis were pretty good in the wet and dry , but they wore out on the front after only 7500miles . So then i tried toyo t1-s's which were good in the dry but s**t in the wet , then i tried the toyo t1-r's which were no different .

Then when i bought my 182 i was amazed how much more sure footed it felt in the wet with the exaltos . Personally i wouldn't buy any other tyre now for the 182 .

Like Dave says . Always put the new tyres on the back .

i simply just avoid driving in the wet, and even in the dry its touch and go !!

i will go out in the shed in a min and examine how much tread is on the "good tyres" then have a think, cheers for the comments, they seem to be the ones i need.

my tyres at £74 seem to be the best price

here are my shed specials

I have 2 of these, best in the bin i think

I have two of these, any tyre experts please advise if its gonna be better for me to get just 2 new ones and stick these on the front, or to get 4 new ones.

one on the left is the worn, one on the right is the okish one

clio 200 F4Rt
i just ordered a set of exalto 2's. it was between thos and yokohama parada 2's.

i went with the exalto's as i know how good they are, and they where slightly cheaper.

Also my exaltos have somehow lasted 18000 miles, and that includes a trip to the 'ring plus silverstone track sessions ( x 4)!!

fmp_ said:
i just ordered a set of exalto 2's. it was between thos and yokohama parada 2's.

i went with the exalto's as i know how good they are, and they where slightly cheaper.

Also my exaltos have somehow lasted 18000 miles, and that includes a trip to the 'ring plus silverstone track sessions ( x 4)!!

if thats anything to go by i should be fine with salvaging these 2 good ones and getting two new ones haha

1998 BMW e46 323i
i'm running pirelli p zeros now, don't rate them in the wet; good but not great. as said, contis are good in wet. i liked them.

will have to get exaltos next methinks!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Ross M said:
cause the back end will slide out ...
yup + you want to get rid of the oldest tyres asap really, so you dont end up with super old tyres on the rear of the car, cracking etc...