ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport Spring Rate?

RB 182 Cup
I've just had a Cup spring snap on my 182 Cup and looking at changing the whole set.

I definitely want to keep the OEM shocks and don't care about aesthetics ie lowering, but considering Cooksport springs only if they are an improvement on OEM Cup springs for road use.

I don't want an overly stiff and poorly riding car that is only ever used on the road, coilovers are not an option I would contemplate.

I've searched for this in here, but drawn a blank.

So my questions are;

Does anyone know their spring rate please? and;

Are they an improvement over OEM? (Possibly too subjective to answer to be honest)

Thanks

John

S4 Avant
No one in their right mind that sells springs would tell you the spring rate. Once people know, they'll just get cheap copies made!

172 cup
Yes they are defiantly an improvement over standard and still have a good ride quality. However I believe there is a few weeks wait on new stock atm, so might be worth considering prolines.

Cup In bits
Cooksports and Eibach's are both really good springs, you will hardly notice any difference on normal driving but they stiffen up a little when going for a blast due to being progressively wound.

Lotus Elise
Spring rate is easy to work out put a none mass on the spring and measure the displacement. Simple. Duel rate are a bit trickier.

Spring rate is easy to work out put a none mass on the spring and measure the displacement. Simple. Duel rate are a bit trickier.

890DF871-DE6E-4BA3-A6CA-1F99543E7BE7-3961-00000471DEEAD92E_zps005dd478.jpg

RB 182 Cup
Thanks guys, just been quoted almost £100 for one front Cup spring. Cooksports are £120 for four. If there's not much in it in performance terms, Cooksports it will be I think.