ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport Springs before and after

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick before and after of my Brother's 182 with the Cooksports fitted. Hopefully it should give people an idea of the difference, bear in mind they will settle and they were only fitted this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 428
How do they compare to Standard?
Much better, they stiffened up the rear which is much needed on Trophys IMO. Lowered it too which was a bonus!

What a cracking looking car!!

Those wheels REALLY suit it!!
Cheers Ron, only a few liked them at first but everyone is slowly being won over :cool:

Sorry for hijacking the thread Brett!

How are you finding the handling on Cooksports? It seems spring options are quite limited for MK2 Clios, Sportlines are the best option but hardly lower and Apex lower but break your back. The Cooksports do seem like a good compromise and at a decent price too.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
To answer for him Jamie he’s barely had chance to drive it, we went out in it briefly to test them and the car was obviously stiffer with less body roll etc. I’m sure there’ll be other handling characteristics they change so he’ll update when he’d drove it on them properly :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for hijacking the thread Brett!

How are you finding the handling on Cooksports? It seems spring options are quite limited for MK2 Clios, Sportlines are the best option but hardly lower and Apex lower but break your back. The Cooksports do seem like a good compromise and at a decent price too.

I've just gone from Sportlines on my old 172 to Cooksports on my 182. So far they feel very similar although the weathers not been great to push the car much to really try them. They ride just as well on the pot hole ridden work commute.

The car also feels a little more planted at the back but I'm not sure if that's the springs or going from a 172 to cupped 182? It also sits a fraction lower at the front I think.

Given the choice I think I'd save money and go for the Cooksports if I was buying again:).

OP's looks nice but could do with a better pic!

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
my experience with the cooksports is they ride very similar to standards, perhaps a little stiffer but in terms of body roll not much difference, noticeable but nothing to really write home about.

ride compliance is very comparable however, there is little extra harshness to the ride to standard and compared to apex they are an absolute joy.

they also provide a tangible and very suitable drop to the ride height, giving a nice stance and acceptable arch drop.

overall a very well priced compromise of ride, comfort, performance and looks

edit: I have had them on for 6 weeks or so and I came on the 182 from ktec coilovers, however I have driven a lot of clios, 172/182 and my old phase 1 was on apex then standard for comparison.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I think I am going to go order a set after reading the reviews.

It's gonna raise my Ph1 a little, but I suppose I am going to have to accept that..... or have my spine fused