ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST 5100 set up (out of the box)

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve just purchased some brand new AST 5100s for my RB 182.

The plan is to get them set up at a local company. I’m thinking should I remove the old dampers/springs and refit the new suspension prior to set up.

Are these things set up at factory? I guess the obvious thing is to make sure the wheels are not bouncing off the arches prior to setting off.

I can’t call Cooksport so relying on somebody with the knowledge of such things to give me guidance.

The company who will set it up can obviously do this for me but there’s a cost involved.

Thank you.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Are you having it corner weighted Jon?

If so then just chuck the ASTs on as it will save them a job and you a headache when they ring and say "we've just scratched the absolute snot out of one fitting it" 😂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have these, not sure on spring rates. They are set on the softest setting lol. On track I reckon they will be mega.

Lies, I have the 4100 lol