ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool tweaks for iOS

Meg 300Cup
So after 4 years with Android I think I'm going to go back to iPhones, the stuff you can do on Android phones are cool but after showing it off once or twice, the iphone just seems more appealing with the better apps imo

But what are some of the cool tweaks you guys have done to your iPhones, seen a couple on here in screenshots in the forums before

Cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You can't even have your own ringtones/text tones without stupid amounts effort or paying, so wouldn't expect many tweaks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you want tweaks, an iPhone isn't for you. That's the best thing about them, they're simple, they work, and they don't let you dick about with the operating system.

The "they work" but has standard to slide of late though!

clio expression
I used to have an iphone before switching to android a few years ago, then got an iphone 6 as i fancied a change, that lasted about 3 weeks before i got a galaxy s6, ios just isnt for me, the simplicity is brilliant and i can see the appeal, but i like to tinker so android it is for me

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My biggest annoyance with android was the fact the only hint you had a message etc was a tiny icon in the top left of the screen, and the fact Facebook notifications don't clear like they do on the iPhone.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My biggest annoyance with android was the fact the only hint you had a message etc was a tiny icon in the top left of the screen, and the fact Facebook notifications don't clear like they do on the iPhone.

I get a pop up message preview which I can either expand to read a little more, click to open the app fully, or swipe away leaving just the notification you speak of. This is on my Nexus 5 running whatever the latest version of Android is.

Were you using an original Galaxy S with a prehistoric version of Android?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It was a nexus 4 I think. Was about 2.5 years ago.

I love iMessage to much to.

Do android have the EE wifi call thing?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It was a nexus 4 I think. Was about 2.5 years ago.

I love iMessage to much to.

Do android have the EE wifi call thing?

I've absolutely no idea. I'm certainly no techie when it comes to mobiles and I'm not a super heavy user, I just know that Android works as well for me as iOS does for my wife. Comparing the two side by side I see little to differentiate them...other than the primary cost of the devices themselves.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think the amount of devices running android is a major off put to me.

This shocked me tbh. The amount of devices running android.

gmentation-Report-July-2014-OpenSignal-opensignal_com_reports_2014_android-fragmentation-730x451.png

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Why is that a problem? You're only ever going to own one aren't you?

Just buy one that works well.

It's not really a problem, just stating there is fragmentation within Android, so many different sizes, resolutions and specifications to write for.