ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant expansion bottle?

kangoo 182

Attachments

• DC889A66-AD8F-44C1-8934-3EF467603A95.jpeg
    DC889A66-AD8F-44C1-8934-3EF467603A95.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this "Genuine" one from Renault and it has no Renault markings. In fact, it looks identical to the cheap one I bought off eBay for my BG a few months before.

https://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/cooling-heating-parts/renault-clio-expansion-bottle-mk2/

Part number is 7701470460

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 14.38.25.png

The original part number for my 182 is 7700805031 but that's NLA.

So it looks like Renault is now supplying a cheap alternative. I wish I'd saved my money and bought an eBay one now.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Can’t remember what brand I put on mine, may well have been a febi, but it certainly wasn’t genuine anyway. Nearly 3 years and probably 15k miles later, no issues.

kangoo 182
I bought this "Genuine" one from Renault and it has no Renault markings. In fact, it looks identical to the cheap one I bought off eBay for my BG a few months before.

https://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/cooling-heating-parts/renault-clio-expansion-bottle-mk2/

View attachment 1658560

So it looks like Renault is now supplying a cheap alternative. I wish I'd saved my money and bought an eBay one now.
That cap looks like eBay one too

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I paid a small fortune for an oem meg header tank for the trophy..turned up in oem renault bag..looks like aftermarket. I feel your pain on this one!

SuperCinq

ClioSport Club Member
  172 R27 R8 Spider
That's my Febi tank listed on eBay and works well on my sprint car, the problem I found with the cheaper versions is the top pipe collapses and distorts out of shape......you probably wouldn't notice until you remove the top hose or it starts to leak.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Does the original cap screw on ok with the after market bottles? I bought an aftermarket one a few years ago and the thread isn't the same as the original bottle, you can screw the cap on but it's hard to get it on without cross threading.

I've just ordered an OEM bottle from k Tek so will see what that's like.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Does the original cap screw on ok with the after market bottles? I bought an aftermarket one a few years ago and the thread isn't the same as the original bottle, you can screw the cap on but it's hard to get it on without cross threading.

Yeah goes on fine. I think on the first time it feels like it isn't correctly screwed on, but every removal afterwards is fine.

Reactions: Gus

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

On the one I ordered from Renault, my old original cap wouldn’t fit.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I bought the Original Renault OE one a few weeks back with the OE Part number of 7700805031
The genuine Renault 182 one is NLR and im guessing the difference is the cap but I know its NLA.

Its OE 182 one came with the original black cap with yellow and not the newer white cap with brown.

I had issues with the white and brown cap on my car as the cap would not seal and it dumped the coolant out the bottle.

TheCAB

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
The meha one I linked above takes the factory cap with no issues, infact sometimes they come with one, other times the brown and white cap
Hi, where did you get your MEHA expansion tank from? (can't see a link)

Cheers, Colin

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

View attachment 1658560

I got mine from BTT Motorsport for £16.95 but I don't think they do them anymore.

It looks exactly the same as this one and has been on the car for over a year with no issues.