ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant expansion tank

Honda & VW
please excuse my ignorance here....

clearly coolant is needed to go in the expansion tank but where can i get coolant from? My girlfriends 182 appears to be leaking very very slightly, when it was last at the garage they had a look but couldn't find a split pipe.

Clio
Well coolant is a mix of water and concentrate coolant, you can buy the concentrate at any motor factors including Renault who have it on the shelf. You add concentrate and water to the tank in the proportions stated on the concentrate bottle. As for the leak itself, it's not always from a pipe. If the engine bay is clean then look for evidence of white discharge dried onto the pipes or engine.

Honda & VW
Well coolant is a mix of water and concentrate coolant, you can buy the concentrate at any motor factors including Renault who have it on the shelf. You add concentrate and water to the tank in the proportions stated on the concentrate bottle. As for the leak itself, it's not always from a pipe. If the engine bay is clean then look for evidence of white discharge dried onto the pipes or engine.

Very kind cheers fella

Evo 6, E92 320d
Its a 7l system, but if its only on halfway don't worry too much atm until it drops lower, then top it up until you can solve the issue.

Honda & VW
Its a 7l system, but if its only on halfway don't worry too much atm until it drops lower, then top it up until you can solve the issue.

well its gone from 'Max' to under halfway between 'min' and 'max' in about 6 weeks and the car does approx 30-40 miles every day.