ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant leak

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey.

noticed the coolant was lower than last month.

checked and I noticed the largest pipe sticking out the front of the engine in front of radiator has a leak. Wet to the touch under it and it's soaked the stuff below.

no breaks in the pipe though.

I don't want to pull it off as I don't have any coolant, the clip looks wonky so I presume that's the problem.

What would you do in this situation? Bit silly to take it to the garage tomorrow for this tbh.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If the clip is wonky and causing the issue, move the clip back down the pipe, position the pipe properly, then put the clip back on. At most you'll lose half a pint and that's if you're a r****d. Top it back up with water.

Why would you have to drain all the coolant?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ta for that chap.

lost a lille bit of coolant but cleaned up the pipe and barb then stuck it back on with the clip.

The clip looks crap tbh, would a screw up clip be a batter choice for this?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
i have seen those, not too expensive, Are they all easy enough to get too?

Might stick that on the list of things to change in the future.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
i have seen those, not too expensive, Are they all easy enough to get too?

Might stick that on the list of things to change in the future.

The forge hoses were easy to get hold of. All in including thermostat- coolant it cost me about £200.

Glad I did it now, 145k had taken toll, the hoses were in a right state.