ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant leaking

renault clio 1.2 16v
car was inside for the night and when it came out their was a puddle of coolant on the floor dont think it is a big leak but is ther something i can add that might seal it or is their any know problem areas on clios it is a 1.2 16v if that helps thanks

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
check all your coolant hoses are on and the jub clips are on nice and tight.

main one i know of to come off is the one central to the radiator. looks like a black hose, and if its coming off you'll see a threaded looking pipe with it.

just have a quick check its not coming from the water pump area

renault clio 1.2 16v
right checked all pipes water pump is fine seems to be coming from under the airfilter around the thermostat i think it is

DCI100
Could be you're thermostat seal on the side of the head, htakr it off and inspect it. Just follow the wey bits till you find it. Take stuff off if you have to bud

renault clio 1.2 16v
its all good now just drained it put new coolant and some kseal into it and it has stopped thanks for help tho

renault clio 1.2 16v
oh well last a while hopefully water pump seems fine like think i will need a thermstat or a new seal mabye

DCI100
If you f**k you're water pump, it runs off the cambelt so unless you have the skills to do it you're going to pay out a fair bit. K seal is sketchy x

renault clio 1.2 16v
yea im a mechanic and so is my dad so just parts is all good just first renault so seein if their is common problem so dont waste time

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
And now we just have to wait for natural selection to take its course.

Where's the LIKE button!?!

K-Seal is the Devil as it lines the entire coolant system and will eventually cause all your rubber pipes to split. It also blocks the heater matrix up and can cause other problems. The only way to fully purge it from the coolant system is to replace everything.

Honestly, why they even sell this stuff anymore is beyond me especially when Forte's "Stop Leak" solutions are cheaper, safer, better to use as temporary measures.

BMW 320i
Where's the LIKE button!?!

K-Seal is the Devil as it lines the entire coolant system and will eventually cause all your rubber pipes to split. It also blocks the heater matrix up and can cause other problems. The only way to fully purge it from the coolant system is to replace everything.

Honestly, why they even sell this stuff anymore is beyond me especially when Forte's "Stop Leak" solutions are cheaper, safer, better to use as temporary measures.

is this k-seal? http://k-seal.com/ ???

twingo
cowboy_roping2.jpg

Renault clio, chev a
I have a similar problem. Coolant is leaking from the bottom of the radiator, when I put my hand down the bottom of the radiator is crumbling away guess it needs to be replaced?