ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant level in my clio 182

clio 182
my coolant level keeps going down, i filled it up then checked after a 100 mile journey, and it was below minimum again.

the resevoir tank never actually empties completely it just drops to the bottom of the tank, i cant see any visible leaks and the oil is clear and not contaminated.
and there is never any warning lights on...
:(
any ideas?

cheers folks...

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Could have a leak fill it up leave it running and check for ovious leaks etc

RS RIP
i had the same a couple of months back. My waterpump was leaking/faulty. Cost me a new pump (around 60 pounds) , new auxbelt and a little labour. In total 150 i believe

Next time when being able to look under the car you can spot a leak by the red (or green i believe) residue it spits out/leaves on other parts

AGH the sl*g
keep an eye on your oil level in the engine if it increases the headgasket has gone.

Dodgy one
I was going to say if it never drops past the bottom of the tank, One of the hoses to the tank may be leaking!