ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant temp sensor?? 16v

Looking for a ph-quick...
Its this one me old mucker!!
PICT0025-2.gif

Hope this helps! You having idle problems chap?

Amir

cheers mate, much appreciated. the bloke at renault asked me if it had a white backing so i hope he has ordered the right one.

its not so much idle problems mate although sometime it is very lumpy and acts as if its going to cut out... when im driving the car starts to act as if there is some fuel starvation, more so when the car is warm. got told it was the cts so thats what im trying

james

Dont get it from renault!!!! Its about £50!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Euro car parts or GSF, its about a tenner!

because i posted on here and a couple of other sites the problem i had and everybody said it was the CTS

james

1996 Valver
what was the problem, just want to know what it does....
I.E. just incase/when the same thing happens to mine!

when it starts up it idles fine.. but then its starts to get really lumpy and wants to cut out (ICV already clenaed). when driving the car feels as there is some fuel starvation, it starts to loose revs and kind of kangaroos. apparantly the coolant sensor gives the ecu wrong information so it puts more/less fuel in..

hope that helps

Yeah your right pal, it could be a number of things but its a good cheap place to start!

Amir

AmirClio said:
Yeah your right pal, it could be a number of things but its a good cheap place to start!

Amir

thats what i thought, i will try the cheapest first and if i still have the problem i will be back on here :rasp:

guys, hope you can help here. i have still got this irratating problem. when im driving the car seems to kangaroo when the revs are around 3k, if i back of the accelarator then put it back on the car seems to jerk really bad but then it goes fine... i have replaced the coolant temp sensor this morning which seems to have solved the idle problem

james

1996 Valver
hg.gif

Think it monitors the air/air pressure and send the info to the ecu....not 100% tho, sure someone will clarify what it does

orite cool, might take a look and see if it makes any difference if i disconnect it. tbh when i get it sorted im seling the valver and buying something else

james

1996 Valver
JamesB said:
orite cool, might take a look and see if it makes any difference if i disconnect it. tbh when i get it sorted im seling the valver and buying something else

james

Yeah, renault's do my head in.............great when they are good, nightmare when they are bad.

I love google;

Map sensor

Definition: Refers to a manifold absolute pressure sensor, a variable resistor used to monitor the difference in pressure between the intake manifold at outside atmosphere. [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]This information is used by the engine computer to monitor engine load (vacuum drops when the engine is under load or at wide open throttle). When the engine is under load, the computer may alter spark timing and the fuel mixture to improve performance and emissions. [/FONT]

also, change your fuelfilter - its easy to do and if you haventdone it before, you will probably find it full of crap - you will notice a huge difference if you replace a knackered fuel filter - its cheap and easy