ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant temperature sensor

A van
I've owned my 172 for around 3 weeks now, since I've had it, it's had a bit of trouble starting when hot, and the Rev limit has been 6800rpm.
I went for a drive yesterday and it was particularly hot, and it revved out to 7200rpm, I put two and two together and I'm guessing coolant temp sensor, it's obviously not recognising the car is up to temp.
I've had a quick look at the sensor, right hand side of the head? The plug has two wires connected to and what seems to be green cable which is snipped, or that's how it looks. Any chance somebody could post a picture of their cts for me? Or at least tell me how many wires are supposed to be connected to it.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mine has three wires to it and they're white, brown and purple. The sensor is behind the thermostat housing (simple to tell if you're looking at the right sensor, let the car cool down completely and unscrew it then if coolant comes out it's the right one).