ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

corroded rear discs!!! warranty issue.

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
after my front discs had corroded away to nothing on my 53plate cup 14'000miles I replaced them with brembo HC discs and greenstuff pads, then I thought right the rears are humped also but I don't want to have to replace these out of my pocket as they are expensive.So off I go to the dealers,they looked and said yes they are corroded!!!! (no s**t) and this was usually a warranty issue but because the car had only done 14'500miles they would not do it!!!! but if the car had done at least 7500miles per year they would replace them. So basically they are saying I have not used the car enough even tho it is used everyday altho not many miles....................Renault UK are getting a ring tommorow.

Good luck with that, you'll get the following reply I would expect...

Brake discs are a wear and tear item weather you use them or not.

Leon Cupra R 225
Good luck with the call such a b**ch even if your under warranty they come up with the lamest excuses etc... been there before.

All the best with getting things sorted matey

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
yes but the fact that they have stated that they would change them if my mileage was higher is just incredible!!! IMO................if I had done say 15'000 miles this year it would be yes hears your spanking new discs sir,do come again.................or summit like that LOL.

Mondeo STTDCI
To be honest I would expect the rears to have corroded after 3 years mate and only 14,500 miles.

Lionel Richie
thats normal, they all do it, its not a warranty item

change the rear pads (cheap as chips) then do a trackday, that'll soon clean them up!!

clio 172 cup
I had the same problem with my rears,kicked up a stink at renault and "as a good will gesture"renault changed them.My cup only had 12000 and was just 22 months old.

172 cup'd extreme
drive round with the hand brake slightly on clear them up a treat, they all do it as Fred says