ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of gearbox rebuilt

I test drive a 200 RS yesterday and it was crunching when selecting 4th gear (upshift or downshifts).

You had to wait about 3-4 s before selecting 4th in order for it not to crunch.

Is that likely to be a worn synchro or cog and what is the cost of a gearbox rebuilt if I had to change a couple of cogs/synchros worst case?

Cheers!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
One of my customers just had his done.

He got charged £150 for removal and refitting.
£270 for the refurb.
£80 for new oil.

One of my customers just had his done.

He got charged £150 for removal and refitting.
£270 for the refurb.
£80 for new oil.

That's cheaper than I thought.
What did the refurb include and what exactly was changed?
Who did the work?
Thanks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've no idea what was done unfortunately but he used Bristol Transmissions for the refurb and his local mechanic for the removal/refit.

I've used bristol transmissions before for my recovery truck when the box and flywheel shat itself. They're not cheap by any means but they're efficient and reliable.

Tbh, If I had a Clio box that needed work, I'd be inclined to use Agency Transmissions. He keeps all the parts on the shelf and does it while you wait. Search them on here, lots and lots have used him.

182 FF
Theres a company on ebay selling new boxes for a 197/200 for £354 delivered, found it when I was looking for my 182, shame the box doesn't fit that!

Thanks everyone, on another note, how often does the cambelt need changing on these cars (years/mileage) and what is the cost associated with that?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cambelt and Auxillery belts; 5 years or 72k whichever comes first.