ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could do with some help!

Megane Trophy
Right as we get Autoglym products free from work ive been using them on the clio.

I normal use the shampoo with a wash mitt to wash the car

Then i wax with super resin or the meguirs gold class

Im after a really good wax carnuba? something that will give a deeper shine and last longer?

I have lots of small defects in the paint so will clay the car again to remove them, then i want to bling her up for the spring.

So what do people reccomend, i dont want to spend a week applying something i fancy something easy to use that lasts!

106 GTi
Long lasting wax, best options are one of the Collinites or Megs 16.

Worth using a sealant after the Super Resin if you want long lasting - Autoglym Extra Gloss which can give 3 plus months protection without being topped with wax.

AG SRP, Extra Gloss x 2 and them some 16 or Collinite will look good and last well.

Clay wont do much for paint defects other than bonded on stuff washing wont remove.

Megane Trophy
yeh its mostly tar specs, as the road to work has just been re layed over 5 miles so its had days of tar abuse!

What about the poor boys? I think Guy bought some and his black 182 looked awesome with it.

106 GTi
Poorboys Nattys Wax? Looks ok, wont last longer 30 days or so max, not in the Collinite/Megs 16 League.

Same with the Poorboys EX and EX-p Selants, they won't come close in the durability stakes to the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

Megane Trophy
Right so the megs 16 is good for shine and deep colour as well as lasting a long time?

So is the megs clay bar the best way to remove and light swirl marks as well?

Ideally i want to get the paint spot on for the spring as the car will get put on a back seat for a few months when the racing starts.

AG - Wash
Megs - Clay Bar ?
AG - SRP
AG - EGP
Megs - #16

Megane Trophy
And to add more questions, is there nothing that gives a better shine after a wash than the SRP? Rather than say a 4 stage clean? make it a wash and then a wax ?

106 GTi
Clay only removes bonded on above the surface defects. Won't touch swirls, scratches or any below the surface defects. The Megs one will be fine.

Polishing is the only way to remove swirls. The SRP will go someway to sort mild ones by removing and covering them up with the fillers it contains. Most will need something more abbrassive to sort them.

Megane Trophy
i think il leave the polishing untill i get the rear bumper resprayed and il get the bodyshop to polish the car at the same time

106 GTi
And to add more questions, is there nothing that gives a better shine after a wash than the SRP? Rather than say a 4 stage clean? make it a wash and then a wax ?

You could use the SRP, then add an additional stage of applying a glaze. Problem with that is any sealant that goes after most glazes will not bond, so for looks you will compomise durability.

A wash then a one step polish/ wax product will never give you the best looks or durabilty compared to to a proper polish/paint cleaner and sealant.

AG SRP and then 2 or 3 coats of the EGP will deepen gloss and shine rather just one layer.

106 GTi
The 16 gives a clearer look, the Nattys Blue a wetter glossier look.

Worth remembering - The waxes dont add much to the look, most of the shine and gloss comes from the polishing stage.