ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could this superleggera be refurbed?

6/468 17poo
IMG_0324.jpg

VX220 Turbo
yeah it could i had somethig much worse on my smart cars 17" wheels (i'd of replaced them but as mine was the only smart with 17's in the country at the time)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I certainly wouldn't drive on it afterwards.

The only way that could be Safely repaired would be by alloy welding a new piece in and machining it. By the time you've done that it would be cheaper to buy a new rim.

The minor bits are within the scope of "cosmetic" repair but a bit pointless if the rest is cream crackered.

6/468 17poo
Well im takin it to a renouned wheel refurber, so hopefully he'll tell me the deal!i would buy a new one but cant find a supplier for s**t as the ultralegs came out!

PH1_172
a bloke in essex done cupra r rims for my b/f and one was just like that he fully alloy welded it and refurbed all 5 18" alloys all for £225

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah thats repairable. I took a similar chunk out of one of my turini's on a late night run in Wales last year and got Spit And Polish to refurb it....came back better than new.