ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Canon 7d test shots

GW RS200
your image would be sharper if you had shot at f5.6. Diffraction will be making the photos soft at f10 meaning you'd not have so much sharpening which would reduce the artifacts you can see in the OOF areas.

Cupra
You can save them as jpg for web viewing. It'll save you a lot of bandwidth and time for others to download.

That cat shot is definitely sharp! You should post up a 100% crop (jpg!). Vibrio is correct about the artefacts in the bookeh, but you have to be doing some serious pixel peeping to spot it.

GW RS200
your image would be sharper if you had shot at f5.6. Diffraction will be making the photos soft at f10 meaning you'd not have so much sharpening which would reduce the artifacts you can see in the OOF areas.

Ahh true yeah, but I wanted more of the cat in focus. Having a very narrow depth of field, albeit a sharp one would have been less useful to me really. Thanks for the tip though! I'd actually like to see a graph of when lenses reach their peak sharpness. Isn't it a stop or two down from wide open, generally speaking?

Fair point about a JPEG version Andy - here it is (about 7mb):

http://rapidshare.com/files/367332811/Lucy_7D_sharpness_benchmark.jpg.html

And some crops:

cat4q.th.jpg

Last edited:
  GW RS200
diffraction can be seen on MTF graphs from photozone.de and dpreview etc

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews...sreviews/widget/LensReviewConfiguration.xml?4

comparing the 50mm f1.8 on a 450D and a 1dsmk3. the nyquest frequency indicates the maximum theoretical resolution of the camera body used for testing. Whenever the measured numbers exceed this value, this simply indicates that the lens out-resolves the sensor at this point

Only just had time to look at this - absolutely fascinating and brilliant!!!! Thanks so much for the link.