ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple Of Interior Questions

Firstly, is it just me or does anyone else think the trim/carpets/plastics in clios dont age very well, and if so why do they get wrecked so quickly?

next up is what is it that causes the silver inserts on clio gearknobs to become faded/peel/get wrecked, and why? when I bought my 04 plater 2months ago the silver insert had 3 areas where there were marks that had gone through the the black base plastic underneath the silver on the insert, the gear locations e.g. R 1 3 5 etc. were beginning to fade and get scored. so I bought a brand new knob from renault dealers and the silver bit is beginning to get marked already.

secondly, my steering wheel airbag part is getting faded, the actual airbag with the renault diamond and SRP AIRBAG written on it the colour is fading away and getting a kinda "white effect to it, is there anything I can do to remedy this? will post pic to illustrate when I get a chance

lastly, the leather steering wheel, its beginning to get white dots on it, almost like wee tiny specks of white househole paint are on it, and it has a wee nick on the leather of it in 1 place, again can I do anything to resolve this as I'd rather no buy a new steering wheel but I want mines to look mint condition. again will post a pic tomorrow to show what I mean.

cheers.

Civic Type-R
I find mine has aged very well. Apart from the steering wheel and seat are a bit worn, the rest is pretty much like new.