ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

couple of probs

clio 172
Hey guys litterally picked up a 53 plate 172 yesterday picked it up I knew of one prob already that it had a knock/rattle on drivers rear which makes car abit unstable after looking on here in guessing that's rear shocks/dampers but the other is that when cars cold, when I fire it up the first time it comes straight up to idle then gradually drops down until cut out, then wont start unless I help with throttle? Once warm or run for a minute or so seems to fire up pretty much as normal, I have searched on here but theres so many different answers tdc, carbon canister, etc any ideas? Thanks in advance tony

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Won't be the carbon canister.

From cold does it do it? Also when up and running for a while, say ten minute journey does it get up to temperature on the gauge?

clio 172
Its litterally from cold, and if I drive for a while stop car and try and fire up straight away fires up no problem, but as soon as its sat and started cooling down I need to help it start again,? I took tdc sensor off and cleaned as it was filthy but not a great deal of difference and yeh comes up to temp no probs