ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of RS Tuner Q's

Thinking of getting a RS Tuner and putting the 98RON map on, as everyone seems to rate it, I mean what else can you get for £70 (cost of the map and unlock, if you buy sh unit and sell it for the same)

Main reason is for the smoother idle, and just generally smoother power delivery

I have read on here that the RS Tuner locks the ECU so your tied to using it for future maps, i.e. ecu is locked so can't be accessed by other mappers, more info here : http://www.cliosport.net/threads/rs-tuner-98-ron-review.761833/
Is this true?

I'm also interested in knowing how it has affected your MPG? I did read in one case that the chap was getting about 5mpg less!

I would just be using it with a decaf and straight through system, so not like I'm going to see much power gains, if any!

Many Thanks,

James

Ooooh, this is gonna go down really well...

Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 23.21.49.png

Lol

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
As said unless you plan on turbo etc then its a good choice, if you cannot follow the threads already on here then there is no hope lol