ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Court summons has arrived.....

In august of last year i was caught speeding (79mph in a 40mph) had my cup 2 weeks i was really just trying to get use to it and did honestly think i was in a 60mph zone!!

Anyway its just come in the post today for May, gutted i already have 6 points that are due to come off in August but he told me at the time im looking at a straight ban!

Absolutely gutted!!! I will have to sell the cup has cant afford to pay the loan and insurance for it to just sit on my drive

Suppose to start a new job in 3 wks too that i need to drive for!!!

Anyone know a good solicitor ha ha

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph

dont think u be getting outta this 1 :(

as u allready have 6 points.. ure pretty screwed 4 a while.

yup, ill follow the masses, your about fucked

no excuse for 79 in a 60 either, so on either count, youd be screwed

Yup think youre screwed tbh, theres nothing you can do to get out of it, except for hoping the CPS make a hash of it.

Ziel Nurburgring

Smells like another 6 points, and youve just reached the magic number. not sure what your looking at ban wise, anything from 10days to a few months depending on the court.

I wouldnt waste the cash on the solicitor, id just put on a smart suit and go kiss booty. To make it even nicer for you, your probably looking at £300+ fines and court costs of around £60

Time to get a 1.2 i think

couple mates at work said there jobs are dependent on there motors and got thier bosses to back them up and both times they kept there licence but got a hefty fine try that one

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 06 April 2005

disappear mate - move house, get someone to tell em you dont live there no more - get a fake ID card and if they come knocking on your door tell em its not you and the geezers moved away.

You cannot beat the system but u can cheat the system !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7505400595&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVWhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7505400595&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Dont know if you are serious or not, but that is fraud.

Get caught for that, and its a bit more serious than a ban from driving.

Is there any chance you could drag it out until after your other points come off your license? Then youd only be looking at a little ban for getting 6 points in one offence. maybe 28 days or so.

Is it possible to put off your court appearance somehow?

Well thanks for all the pick me ups lads ha ha

As i am due to start a new job i think i need to phone them and see if they will back me up as i do need my car for it and already handed my notice in at this one!

Just hope it doesnt come to the point of selling the cup i love it!!!!!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Sounds like it couldnt have come at a worse time. Hi, i havent even started yet, but i need you to back me up cause i got done for speeding. Whats that, what speed was i doing? Err, double the legal limit.

I wouldnt want to be making that call mate. Good luck:(

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Green on 06 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 06 April 2005

disappear mate - move house, get someone to tell em you dont live there no more - get a fake ID card and if they come knocking on your door tell em its not you and the geezers moved away.

You cannot beat the system but u can cheat the system !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7505400595&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVWhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7505400595&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Dont know if you are serious or not, but that is fraud.

Get caught for that, and its a bit more serious than a ban from driving.

Is there any chance you could drag it out until after your other points come off your license? Then youd only be looking at a little ban for getting 6 points in one offence. maybe 28 days or so.

Is it possible to put off your court appearance somehow?

Yes it is - but in a world were the police look at the Motorist as a criminal ( and an easy target for revenue ) you have to bend the rules slightly in your favour. If your job and lively hood depend on your licence i would do what ever i could to get out of it - and i have done in the past. The thing to do is ....... not get caught !!

how about withdrawing your resignation, and explain to your prospective future employers the situation

you wont be out of a job, youll just be stuck in the same job

dk

911 GTS Cab

theres no point in waiting for the pints to drop off in august because afaik the points will be dated from the date of the offence?

Quote: Originally posted by sam_davies on 06 April 2005

So it took 9 months for the speeding ticket to arrive? or it did arrive and now you have to go to court?
Yeh 9 months how crap, just got the letter this morning

i dont think that they are allowed to do that.

I thought that they had 6 months from the date of the offence.

take advice from a good solicitor.

it will cost you, but it may not cost you your licence.

/y0z

BMW 320d Sport

Ive not read the whole thread, but seeing as the CPS dont exactly work fast, surely youd be best to just plead not guilty, which is your right, pending the prosecution disclosing their evidence to you. That would possibly change the next hearing, when it finally is set, to be a pre-trial review. At the review, you then chew over the evidence if they have bothered to deliver it to you by then which they probably wont have, plead not guilty again, set another date for the final not guilty hearing. With a bit of luck your licence will then be clean.

Or you could just take the totting up ban, argue that although you did it, in mitigation the previous offence was almost three years ago so the ban should be shorter, get lifts off people for a couple of months and then you hit the road again with a spotless licence.

9 months to wait for a speeding ticket. Was it a fixed or mobile unit?

I thought if you got caught by a mobile unit you would know in 2 weeks?

Nope a guy was stood at the side of the road and waved me down and shown me the speed on the gun...........i was shocked when i seen it just didnt realise how fast the cup is, only had it 2 weeks and just finished running it so didnt quite about the bit after 5k when it just flies!!!!!! like a sun of a biatch!

Hopefully this guy was a police officer....!!!!

Time might be on your side and check the evidence.

If it takes nine months everyone using this forum might have lost there license as you dont always know that you have been caught....I didnt when I got 3 points for speeding 5 years ago in my old Renault 5 but I got the photo in less than a week.

At least you had 9 good months in the Clio if you do have to sell

Ziel Nurburgring

If it was an officer, they probably dont have to send you an NIP as they are telling you there and then they are going to prosecute. The other one is for vans and scameras as they cant do it verbally.

If the above is the case, then your pooch is well and truely screwed.

So, let me confirm:

You got stopped in August 2004 (what date?) by a policeman with a speed gun.

He told you they would prosecute.

You have now recieved a summons through the post for this offence. (What is the date on this summons?)

If you have only just recieved a summons then as far as I know it could be too late, as they only have 6 months + 28 days (in the case of a through-the-post Notice of Intended Prosecution) to lay papers at court.

Get your arse onto the fighting forums at http://www.pepipoo.comwww.pepipoo.com and get reading/posting.

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 06 April 2005
to lay papers at court.

correct, the papers could have been at the courts for some time, so long as they arrived at the courts before the 6 month period, the prosecution is still valid

iirc

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

no how you feel about not knowing the speed limit, happened to me in swansea, was doing 60 on a dual carriageway, turned out to be a 30 dual carriageway.

good luck

Valver

6 months + 28days (28 days for you to reply to the original NIP in your case the officer telling you there is a chance you will be prosecuted for the offence etc) for them to issue you with a court summons I believe, a decent letter to them should get you off the hook...

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

First of all, go to a solicitor and ask them for a legal aid application, there are a couple of criterias ofr getting legal aid AFAIK

1 - Prison Sentance - Nope
2 - Damage to character - As people dont car about driving offences, this is also a nope.
3 - Youre livelihood (sp?) depends on the outcome of your case. This is where it becomes time to start getting letters and stuff, if you can prove that you NEED the car, then you will get legal aid.

I got it on the basis that I was living away from home, and my Mum lives alone, so that if she needed anything, I would be the one she would call.

So, I know it sounds harsh, but any sick relatives, situations etc also that you can play on you case.

The other possible outcome is that they give you a an extenuating circumstance, ie - they will give you hefty points and fine, but will allow you to carry on driving with more than 12 points. The advantage of this, is that in August you will get rid of 6 points, however, they may give you 9 for this offence, so it could be more conveniant to accept a Ban.

Good luck mate, as for the 6 month thing, the Solicitor will also be able to advise you on this. If you dont get legal aid, then IMO, it would still be worth getting a solicitor.