ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Courtesy Car Insurance!

Dropped my Cup in Monday to have a Gear box Gremlin looked at and sure enough, it turns out they need to fit a new Gear box!! All under warranty fortunatley. Unfortunately, there is apparently a back order at Renault on Gear boxes and as a result they cannot give me a date on when it will be fixed!! They have said they will give me a courtesey car in the meantime! Wanted to know if anyone else has had the pleasure of a courtesy car and if so, how is insurance dealt with? I would hope Ill not have to pay anything!! Also, if I phone my insurers and let them know the car is off the road indefinitely, do you think they may be able to extend my policy for a few extra weeks at the end!

dk

911 GTS Cab

normally you have to sort out the insurance for the car, but if its going to be for a few weeks you should be able to change the car on the policy for those few weeks and as it will be a much lower category it shouldnt cost you anything. I would then assume that if anything happened to your car while with renault they would cover it?

172, Tiguan

I have the privalege of having a courtesy car again today. Ring your ins. co. and tell them its a dealer loan car they will not charge you.

Megane 225 baby! :)

When I had my gearbox done, took nearly 2 weeks to get it sorted! :mad::eek:

Was driving around on my dealers insurance which was the easiest option and didnt cost me anything at all! :D

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I had to pay for mine because they said it had to be fully comp.

£15 for upto 48 hours.

£50 for upto 7 days.

How s**t is that .. bloody 1.2 clio aswell!

Think i will kick up a stink next time it goes in... as mine looks like it needs a new gearbox aswell.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

no 182 is fully comp ... im 27, so i can drive any other car 3rd party only. reno wouldnt have that so I had to insure the courtesty car separately. t**sers!

so I have to pay even though its their problem ??!?!?

thats back to front, personally id kick up a stink. your inconvenienced because the goods they sold you are not up to the task they were intended.

ah well, when alls said and done hope the problems sorted for you mate

Just had a call saying they have now received a new gearbox... lady reckons this always happens when the threat of a courtesy car is involved!! Apparently one of the grease monkeys will be beavering away this afternoon and car may be ready for pick up by close of play today!! Not sure if im comfortable with a gear box fitted on a friday PM....!! Still, cant be any worse than the original!

Dixon York charge me £8 every time. Theyve told me I can put it on my insurance then why I try they deny all knowledge of saying you can do it.

Last time I had a courtesy car from them 2 weeks ago, some little git in leeds smashed the rear window and nicked the spare wheel out of the boot outside work in broad daylight. Cost me £180 to get fixed. Grrr. Wouldnt have minded apart from my car was only in the garage as the gits in york had broken something last time the car was in and not fixed something properly as well. Arggh.

Ooops, sorry, got a bit diverted there.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by Ruprect on 28 May 2004

Just had a call saying they have now received a new gearbox... lady reckons this always happens when the threat of a courtesy car is involved!! Apparently one of the grease monkeys will be beavering away this afternoon and car may be ready for pick up by close of play today!! Not sure if im comfortable with a gear box fitted on a friday PM....!! Still, cant be any worse than the original!
Let me know how you get on matey. might make me get of my arse and take mine in if its right when you get it back.

Moz