ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

courtesy car

Hey

my 2002 needs a new gearbox and it needs to be in for at least two days! Renault then said that because i am 17, i cant have a courtesy and u cant until youre 25? Is this for every dealer or just mine? What am i supposed to do for 2 or more days, i need my ca to get to collage which is 30 miles!

What can i do, dont you think it is unfair???

cheers

jon

Ye u can have a coutesy car. The problem is with insurance of the car as renault insurance only covers 21+ yrs old drivers when there cars are in for warently work.

Ring up the garage and politley tell them u need a car and that u will insure it under ur own name for the time necessary. Ring ur insurance company (Renaults own free insurance company I take it) and tell them u need insurnce for a car whilst urs is in for warently work (dont forget to tell them that) and they will unsrure you for free and send the cover note to ur dealer.

If renault insurance try and kick up a fuss asking for money ask them to check again saying you belive it is free. Dont pay though they tried to get me to pay for insurance on a 1.2 16v once cos I needed covering for a week once for warently work (they dont like covering coutesy cars for more than two days but they will if you keep asking them and telling them its warently work).

I cannot see why the garages let 17yr old test drive cars on there own but willnt insure them when there new car needs work its unfathomable:confused:

EDD

when i first got my 02 on the 3rd day i had it, it broke down.. the transponder got fried by the shell garage mobile phone mast..grrrr... anyway, i had to argue with the guy why i should have a courtesy car, he told me, well ive got one in 2 weeks time, i was like, yeah but my cars 3 days old!

spoke to the service manager who called me back and mysteriously he could book my car in the next day and have a courtesy car for me!

i am 21 though....

Ian

ye its the 21 bit

they didnt ask me originally if i was 21 and let me out without checking my drivers licence and they made a copy of it so theres no excuse.

try ringing tesco i think all companies are ok about it as its warently work its not like a test drive.

You could try getting the car for somone in your family who is over 21 and use there car under the 3rd part cover on ur insurance.

Try Renault UK about car cover. It isnt fair if you have to pay for cover on coutesy car. Its not like the warently issue is an insignificat problem and all.

Have you tried to get a 48 hr test drive from renault ona car cos there own insurance covers u for test drives for all ages i think.

Good luck

Ps Kill the courtesy car. Learn how to handbrake it and drive it like its stolen.

EDD

How come the car needs a new gearbox was it down to driver neglect :eek: or a manurfacturing fault?

is ur car under a year old cos you could try another renault dealership until one is more willing to help you out with a courtesy car. I cannot see why Renault wont help with this as its a serious failure not like a little rattle or anything. If you have to ring Renault UK try using big magazines names cos it will scare them i guess into being more helpful.

Is your car drivable then?

EDD

cheers

i will get on to renault and see what i can get is i threaten with mags etc

it doest always go into reverse and it clunks when it does

i thought it was the clutch, but they say no, its all warrenty work neway

cheers

jon

I had my car in for warranty work, I was going to have a courtesy car but excess would have been £500 (im 24), its completely free when im 25. I just got the minibus (renault provided the mini bus) as i was only going to work, then they picked me up when i finished!

320d M Sport

i reckon youre gonna struggle, Tesco might not insure it as technically youre insuring a vehicle that isnt yours... a lot of places wont do it.