ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked and Split left wing- Please help!

Clio 1.2 dynamique 16V
Hello All,

I was hoping to share my pain and suffering and get some advice!

I reversed over a metal post, and its cracked and taken a chunk out of my passenger side front wing. (see pics).
DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

I got a quote from a garage and they said £350 to get it repaired. Im just looking for cheaper solutions!

few questions:

1. Can i get hold of any already painted wing and replace the split one?
2. My clio is black, but are there different types of black on clios and if so how can i tell wich mine is. Just so i can get the correct colour match on a replacement wing.
3. Is a wing easy to fit at home?
4. Any ideas on the cost of painted a wing if i cant get an already painted one?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Rob

i have a spare wing which you could buy for a lot less than they've quoted, it's in 676 pearl black too :) get back to me if interested

easy job to replace a wing at home and there's only 1 colour of black in dynamiques

www.renparts.co.uk
all the non RS clio mk2 ph2's are pearl black so matching up should be no problem, a new wing non genuine is about 40 pounds, and a good bodyshop should do it for 150 cash max imo to spray the wing and the door.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
mate there were some wings for a ph2 clio the other day in black on ebay for £35 + p+p, i was gunna by one as my wing split, fuk nose how, but then mum was out so i swapped my wing with hers lol, she still hasnt noticed

wait and see ;)
mate there were some wings for a ph2 clio the other day in black on ebay for £35 + p+p, i was gunna by one as my wing split, fuk nose how, but then mum was out so i swapped my wing with hers lol, she still hasnt noticed
LMFAO you swapped with your mum and she still hasn't noticed, legend tbh

Clio 1.2 dynamique 16V
Hello Guys,

Im half way thru replacing the wing. having trouble with if few things:-

Cant undo the bolt that is under plastic bit that surrounds the windscreen wipers. Its really difficult to get a spanner in there.

Removal of the side light fitting, how is this done?

Lastly, the bolt of screw that is beind the front bumper, what is is and how can i undo it?

Cheers all!

Rob

Hello Guys,

Im half way thru replacing the wing. having trouble with if few things:-

Cant undo the bolt that is under plastic bit that surrounds the windscreen wipers. Its really difficult to get a spanner in there.

Removal of the side light fitting, how is this done?

Lastly, the bolt of screw that is beind the front bumper, what is is and how can i undo it?

Cheers all!

Rob
- There's one bolt that I really couldn't get to no matter what, I then found out that I aws looking at the wrong one and the wing bolt is a little closer to the windscreen I think, check you have the right one!

- Side repeaters can be removed by simply pulling, I put my hand inside the arch and pushed from behind the wing and it just came out :)

- I think I sawed mine off. :S

Might be better making a new thread in 'faults problems and solutions' if my advice is too vague!